Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
The City of Los Angeles is updating its Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP) to prepare for disasters and needs public input. The LHMP is a plan to implement actions to reduce injuries and losses from disasters and ensure that the critical services and facilities of the City will continue to function after a disaster. Los Angeles has about 284 sunny days per year, but we do face the potential for earthquakes, floods, fires, hazardous materials incidents, power outages, infrastructure failure, transportation accidents, or even terrorism.
Angelenos know LA better than anyone else, so we want to hear from you. We’ve developed a survey for residents, business owners, and City employees to share what concerns them the most about potential disasters. Take this opportunity to let us know what concerns you before, during, or after a disaster!
Take the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CityofLos…
Find more information about the City’s hazard mitigation planning effort and dates and locations for public meetings at: Emergency Management Department Website
- Become a City of LA Lifeguard
City of LA, Dept of Rec & Parks, BE A LIFEGUARD TESTING.
- Farmers Market Every Tuesday
- Drop off Bulky Items
- Wilmington Waterfront Re-Development Video
- Wilmington Urban Greening Plan
- Machado Lake Pipeline Project
- Panel Report on the Wilmington Waterfront
- Free Home Delivery of Mulch to City of LA residents
- Now Leasing 174 New Affordable 1, 2 & 3-Bedroom Apartments
- Fitness Classes & More at Ken Malloy Park
- SCAQMD Certifies Final EIR for Tesoro Refinery Integration Project
- Opportunities for Environmental Consultants
LA Dept. of City Planning will be releasing two Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) to prepare a list of on-call consultants. Read more.
Grandparents as Parents and other Relative Caregivers. Support Group in Wilmington Starting Soon! Thursday’s 9:00am-11:00am. Click for details.
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Wilmington Waterfront Product Update Presentation
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Latinas Public Service Academy. Free Public Policy program for 11th & 12th grade Latinas
- A Los Angeles Story: Youth of Color Versus Big Oil
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium – 2017 Summer Docent Program
- FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATION SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE in WILMINGTON! PREPARACION DE IMPUESTOS ¡GRATIS! Disponible Ahora en WILMINGTON!
- Long Beach Alliance for Children with Asthma
DOWNLOAD REFERRAL FORM HERE
VISIT www.lbaca.org FOR MORE INFO
Save Water, Energy, Money and the Environment
- Safe Sidewalk LA – Rebate Program Information
- Co-Ed and Girls Winter Basketball Leagues starts in January 2017
- CalFresh can help you buy the nutritious food you need for good health.
- Free Asthma Home visitation program Currently enrolling San Pedro and Wilmington families with children with asthma
- Community Development Center – Open Enrollment.
- Job Opportunities
Big Belly Bins On Avalon. Read more.
- Port of Los Angeles Moves Forward with Plans for $52.7 Million Wilmington Waterfront Promenade
Wilmington Community Garden