Purposeful Aging Survey
Here is a press release from the County of Los Angeles and the City of Los Angeles seeking input on what is existing and what is needed for the quality of life for older adults. We are asked to give our input to them via a electronic survey (to be done between August 14 and September 14). Assuming we have a desire to age within the Los Angeles region, this is our opportunity to give input to public policy officials. The goal is to develop an action plan for the region to share with our cities and the county in the coming months.
PRESS RELEASE: Purposeful Aging Los Angeles Launches Landmark Age-Friendly Survey
August 14, 2017
Contact: Kevin Anderson Cell: (213) 738-2593
Purposeful Aging Los Angeles (PALA) – an Age-Friendly Initiative – launched a landmark survey today to gather feedback from County and City of Los Angeles residents that will guide the development of an Age-Friendly Action Plan for 2018-2021 for the Los Angeles region.
PALA seeks to prepare the Los Angeles region for a rapidly aging population through an innovative, sustained initiative that unites public and private leadership, resources and strategies. The older adult population (65 years and above) in the Los Angeles region will double between 2010 and 2030, from approximately 1.1 million to more than 2.2 million people.
“This is an opportunity for County and City of Los Angeles residents to speak out and help us make the Los Angeles region more age-friendly, allowing people to age in place and in community,” said Cynthia Banks, Director of Los Angeles County Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services.
“We ask residents of every community in the County and City of Los Angeles to join us in changing the future of aging in our region by taking this incredibly important survey,” said Laura Trejo, General Manager of the City of Los Angeles Department of Aging.
The confidential PALA survey takes about 20 minutes to complete and can be filled out by anyone 18 years of age or older who resides in the County of Los Angeles. The survey is available in 10 languages* at purposefulagingla.com and will be available from August 14, 2017 – September 15, 2017. Individuals and organizations are encouraged to help promote the survey to County residents using a Toolkit available at purposefulagingla.com.
PALA is an Age-Friendly Initiative that seeks to prepare the Los Angeles region for a rapidly aging population through an innovative, sustained effort that unites public and private leadership, resources, and strategies. PALA will improve the lives of older adults and ensure a better future for residents of all ages in the Los Angeles region. PALA was launched in 2016 by the County and City of Los Angeles, AARP, the Milken Institute Center for the Future of Aging, the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology and the UCLA Los Angeles Community Academic Partnership for Research in Aging.
# # #
Special Assistant to the Director/Public Information Officer
Workforce Development, Aging & Community Services (WDACS)
3175 West 6th St., Los Angeles, CA 90020
213-738-2593 – Business Phone
- Become a City of LA Lifeguard
City of LA, Dept of Rec & Parks, BE A LIFEGUARD TESTING.
- Farmers Market Every Tuesday
- Drop off Bulky Items
- Wilmington Waterfront Re-Development Video
- Wilmington Urban Greening Plan
- Machado Lake Pipeline Project
- Panel Report on the Wilmington Waterfront
- Free Home Delivery of Mulch to City of LA residents
- Now Leasing 174 New Affordable 1, 2 & 3-Bedroom Apartments
- Fitness Classes & More at Ken Malloy Park
- SCAQMD Certifies Final EIR for Tesoro Refinery Integration Project
- Opportunities for Environmental Consultants
LA Dept. of City Planning will be releasing two Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) to prepare a list of on-call consultants. Read more.
Grandparents as Parents and other Relative Caregivers. Support Group in Wilmington Starting Soon! Thursday’s 9:00am-11:00am. Click for details.
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Wilmington Waterfront Product Update Presentation
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Latinas Public Service Academy. Free Public Policy program for 11th & 12th grade Latinas
- A Los Angeles Story: Youth of Color Versus Big Oil
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium – 2017 Summer Docent Program
- FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATION SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE in WILMINGTON! PREPARACION DE IMPUESTOS ¡GRATIS! Disponible Ahora en WILMINGTON!
- Long Beach Alliance for Children with Asthma
DOWNLOAD REFERRAL FORM HERE
VISIT www.lbaca.org FOR MORE INFO
Save Water, Energy, Money and the Environment
- Safe Sidewalk LA – Rebate Program Information
- Co-Ed and Girls Winter Basketball Leagues starts in January 2017
- CalFresh can help you buy the nutritious food you need for good health.
- Free Asthma Home visitation program Currently enrolling San Pedro and Wilmington families with children with asthma
- Community Development Center – Open Enrollment.
- Job Opportunities
Big Belly Bins On Avalon. Read more.
- Port of Los Angeles Moves Forward with Plans for $52.7 Million Wilmington Waterfront Promenade
Wilmington Community Garden