Schedule for Filling Vacant Seats
Candidate Filing Forms accepted for the four vacant representative seats – At Large, Owner, Employee, Community Interest – from 9/27/17 until 10/16/17.
Candidate Filing Forms are available at the wilmington Neighborhood Council (WNC) office, 544 N. Avalon Blvd, Suite 103, Wilmington, CA 90744. *Forms are in an envelope affixed to the WNC office door.
The WNC office is inside the Municipal Building. The Municipal Building is open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Candidates can submit their completed and signed Candidate Filing Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the WNC office. *Completed and Signed forms delivered in person can be placed in the envelope affixed to the WNC office door labeled “Completed Candidate Filing Forms.”
Candidates are highly encouraged to attend the October 25, 2017 Governing Board Meeting to formally introduce themselves to the board and stakeholders, and let us know why they should be appointed to fill the vacant seat they are applying for. Should candidate not be present candidate statements will be read aloud by Chair.
At the October 25, 2017 Governing Board Meeting the WNC Board will appoint candidates to fill the vacancies.
CANDIDATE FILING FORM – Candidate Filing Form 2017
SECOND THURSDAY, EVERY OTHER MONTH. Click for details.
- Please Participate in the Citywide Economic Development Strategy Stakeholder Survey
- The Great California ShakeOut
- PORT OF LOS ANGELES SIGNS A 10-YEAR PROJECT LABOR AGREEMENT WITH UNION GROUP
- Free Home Delivery of Mulch to City of LA residents
- Now Leasing 174 New Affordable 1, 2 & 3-Bedroom Apartments
- Harbor Park & Banning Pool Summer Hours
- Fitness Classes & More at Ken Malloy Park
- Summer Reading Challenge 2017
- SCAQMD Certifies Final EIR for Tesoro Refinery Integration Project
- M.Y. C.L.U.B. After School Program
- Mental Health Promoters Class
- Opportunities for Environmental Consultants
LA Dept. of City Planning will be releasing two Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) to prepare a list of on-call consultants. Read more.
Grandparents as Parents and other Relative Caregivers. Support Group in Wilmington Starting Soon! Thursday’s 9:00am-11:00am. Click for details.
Provide input on Metro’s budget! Click here for details.
- Concerned about emergencies and disasters? The City of Los Angeles wants to hear from you!
- Wilmington Waterfront Product Update Presentation
- Dept. of City Planning 2016 Annual Report
- Latinas Public Service Academy. Free Public Policy program for 11th & 12th grade Latinas
- A Los Angeles Story: Youth of Color Versus Big Oil
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium – 2017 Summer Docent Program
- FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATION SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE in WILMINGTON! PREPARACION DE IMPUESTOS ¡GRATIS! Disponible Ahora en WILMINGTON!
- Long Beach Alliance for Children with Asthma
DOWNLOAD REFERRAL FORM HERE
VISIT www.lbaca.org FOR MORE INFO
Save Water, Energy, Money and the Environment
- Safe Sidewalk LA – Rebate Program Information
- Co-Ed and Girls Winter Basketball Leagues starts in January 2017
- CalFresh can help you buy the nutritious food you need for good health.
- Free Asthma Home visitation program Currently enrolling San Pedro and Wilmington families with children with asthma
- Community Development Center – Open Enrollment.
- Job Opportunities
Big Belly Bins On Avalon. Read more.
- Port of Los Angeles Moves Forward with Plans for $52.7 Million Wilmington Waterfront Promenade